Sunday, September 27, 2009

Silence is Golden

This weekend my hubby and son went to my sisters cottage along with my brother in law and father in law. Although I love them both dearly, I must admit that I didn't miss them too much. I was able to do what I wanted, when I wanted and even sing outloud if I wanted without having to worry about someone else.
Of course, homework took a significant amount of my time but the first thing I did on Friday night was tidy up my house. I was bound and determined to have it that way for the short 48 hours they were gone. After that, I hit the books and boy did I get alot accomplished. I spread my stuff all over the dining room table and LEFT IT THERE for the weekend! I didn't have to clean it up or put it away, I just worked around it. The biggest taboo was eating while working at my computer........a huge no no in the computer world.
Now they are home and I can hear the tv in the bedroom, my son chatting with someone on his computer headset while playing a game and just the "noise" of having someone here. I guess in reality I'd hate to live by myself, it would be quiet but very lonely. Those 48 hours were bliss but I couldn't do it all the time. I'm very blessed to have them here to drive me crazy!
J :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes isn't it nice to get your own play time and be as scuzzy as you want to be (and to eat what/when you like)! Glad they all had such a great time away.

    ReplyDelete