Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Turkey Dump

What the heck is a Turkey Dump........sounds bathroom related to me but I really don't want to go there! lol

A couple of years ago this terminology was brought to my attention and I had no idea what it meant. Guess I was showing my age! Apparently this occurs when teens have a "significant other" when they go away to school and the relationship starts to be questioned once they are apart. The first big holiday that they usually come home for is Thanksgiving. They see eachother, they talk, and the "Turkey Dump" process begins. "I've met someone else, this isn't working with you being so far away, I don't know what I want any more, I'm too busy". Sound familiar? It probably does seeing that it doesn't have to be Thanksgiving to dump a Turkey!!!

There was a conversation I overheard while at my locker (ok I was listening in and very intently). Two guys were discussing going home and one of them was in a quandary as to how he was going to dump his girlfriend because he loved the freedom he now had being away from her. You'll never guess what words came out of his buddy's mouth...."Guess it's time for the old Turkey Dump dude!"

I couldn't help but start to think about the poor young lady who's weekend was about to be turned upside down. On the other hand, maybe she will be the one who gets to it first and lets him know that there is more to life than hanging on to something that probably won't survive the distance. I hope I'm right.....

HAPPY TURKEY DUMP DAY!!
J : )

No comments:

Post a Comment